Ingredients for 3 gift bags::
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
¾ cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup golden flaxseed
¼ cup sesame seeds
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1/2 tablepsoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup orange or clover honey
1 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup crystallized ginger, minced
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Combine the oats, various seeds, pecans and spices in a bowl. Mix well.
- Stir the honey and oil together over low heat until the honey becomes warm and runny. Pour this liquid over the dry mixture and stir well to thoroughly moisten the ingredients.
- Divide the granola between the two pans, and bake for 15 minutes. Remove each pan, stir the contents and return to the oven for another 10 minutes or so, or until lightly toasted.
- Fold the cranberries and ginger pieces into the warm granola and let cool completely before bagging.