CREOLE SHRIMP REMOULADE
Ingredients for 12 servings:
2 pounds shrimp
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoon lemon juice
6 large cloves garlic
1 large egg yolk at room temperature
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Rinse and peel off all but the last section of the shrimp shell at the tail from all the shrimp. Toss them in the garlic and Creole seasoning. Let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat a skillet and melt butter. When shrimp makes a hissing sound upon contact with the pan add enough shrimp in a single layer in the pan. Cook over medium heat, shaking the pan and turning the shrimp as they turn color. When just cooked through, sprinkle on lemon juice and turn out on a serving platter.
- Crush and peel the garlic cloves. Remove center shoot in each.. Mince adding salt to further break down the pieces.
- Place garlic in a bowl with the egg yolk, lemon juice and salt. Whisk vigorously for 30 seconds. Begin to add the Canola oil slowly in a thin stream. After the first 1/4 cup as the mayonnaise thickens, add oil more quickly.. Taste, and add more salt as desire.
- Either arrange shrimp on a platter with Remoulade in the center and pass as an hors d’oeuvre or plate with a radicchio garnish.